Saturday 2 February 2008

Time out

As they say...well, there've been a host of quotations about endings & friends & changes & the likes in my G-talk friend's list, but it’s simply much more harder than this to digest the fact that the wonderful journey of MBA has ended. The exams ended today & I spent my evening photographing the campus...I'm uploading the favourite one below (& for those who don't get it; its a view of the acad-bloc's main entrance, the haziness signifies a nostalgic feeling to me):


And with this, 0nce again the time of changes has come knocking on my doorstep. It was not so long ago that I left the comforts of my home and came to a totally new place. But the thing that hurt the most was to leave my family.

Segue to being gregarious has been a hard one and still incomplete, but I must say that I’ve made considerable progress & that I’m no more a rock island. Some of my friends will never believe this, let alone agreeing to it; so I’d just leave it aside.

But the shock of shocks came to me when I realized just how much I’d changed…when I was studying for my penultimate exam and I couldn’t stop thinking about what I’d do without any of my new family members around.

I’d ping for old question papers of OOB and have a group-discussion on IPMsg about “Chameli Ki Shaadi”, just to realize how I’d miss searching, sharing, transferring and chatting in groups. I’d go to the men’s room to realize how important a part the mens’ rooms play as a socializing site in the hostel. And when I’d return back to my book, I’d open it to find that I’m going crazy at 5:00 A.M. in the morning & I hadn’t read a word, just due to my mind racing all the time about my new fear…

Thankfully, I am in a much better shape (not physically of course), now that I can watch movies and play games on LAN. But this too shall be a thing of the past soon. Tell me, all you unfortunate souls (because you selected the papers in such a way that your exams get over a day after mine; and the electives are just too heavy to be tackled bye post-placement-4th-sem-MBA mood) who took up FRM (Financial Risk Management), RMB (Risk Management in Banks) & the likes as electives, is there any way you can "manage" this risk of losing friends & relationships? Again, like at countless other times, my B.A. roots have shown me the way...

Not forever does the bulbul sing
In balmy shades of bowers,
Not forever lasts the spring
Nor ever blossom flowers.
Not forever reigneth joy,
Sets the sun on days of bliss,
Friendships not forever last,
They know not life, who know not this.
---from 'A Train To Pakistan'
by Khushwant Singh
Hasmukh :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

touche my friend...!!
touche..!!

what i have lost i would always regret...!!
what i have gained i will always treasure..!!

risk it, measure it they say..
bottom lie...!!
its all inconsequential...!!

P.S. yes it is bottom lie..!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by...
Yours makes interesting reading too :)