Tuesday 2 October 2007

Now it is my turn to "keep the faith"

Phew,

Placements season on in our b-school, and today was my first interview; failed miserably. Then I thought of listening to some sad songs and hence turned on the lappy and when I got signed into g-talk, there was a friend's status saying "Keep faith in him"

And the most amazing part was when I read the poem by Arthur King Clough, serving as my desktop, for the umpteenth time...:

SAY not the struggle not availeth,
The labour and the wounds are vain,
The enemy faints not, nor faileth,
And as things have been, things remain;

If hopes were dupes, fears may be liars;
It may be, in yon smoke concealed;
Your comrades chase e’en now the fliers,
And, but for you, possess the field.

For while the tired waves vainly breaking
Seems here no painful inch to gain,
Far back, through creeks and inlets making,
Comes silent, flooding in, the main.

And not by eastern windows only,
When daylight comes, comes in the light,
In front the sun climbs slow, how slowly,
But westward, look, the land is bright.
-Arthur King Clough (1849)

It so happens that I used to sign-off my emails (and other communications) using the words "untilnextime:keep the faith".......so I believe that now, it is my turn to "keep the faith"!!!

Hasmukh :)

2 comments:

Pinksocks said...

fantastic shall be an understatement!!! :)

Hasmukh :) said...

Thank you, Thank you!!!