Tuesday 22 July 2008

Antim Pag

I walk into the hotel room and turn on the TV to know more about the singular event on which the relations on the largest & oldest democracies of the world depend on, at least upto a certain extent. Just guess what’s going on? I bet there isn’t a soul who doesn’t know about the event by now so I’d not go into those details. However if you’re a part of the unenlightened clan, its not too difficult to jump sides. Sort of things being said today have more or less a negative connotation. Why so? Was it supposed to be such a big secret that MPs are bought & sold? Or have a page or two been drawn from the “Melodramatics for Dummies” of Bollywood?

I’m watching NDTV LIVE and the discussion is just copying thoughts out of my mind. A gentleman says “I don’t think the people of this country are shocked, I think they’re having fun!” Indeed I am doing just that. In fact just now I was thinking about it writing the same thing down in the blog & quoting Frank Zappa saying “Government is the Entertainment Division of the military-industrial complex.”

Far from hitting a nadir, the Parliament has graduated today. It has mustered the audacity to admit what it’s incumbents have been doing all these years behind closed doors. It’s definitely a happy day for the Indian Political Scenario on the whole. I welcome it with all my heart. I do not say that such scenes should be repeated, because it is just another excuse for wasting more time, not mentioning walk-outs and adjournments; but there is certainly no reason to term the incident as unhappy. I guess the only ones who do that are the ones who see themselves into the matter directly or indirectly.

While I desperately wait to see what happens to the vote today, which as I expected has been postponed and the house adjourned; it seems to be highly paradoxical & risible comment to end on the note I am thinking of ending it on: “Long Live Indian Democracy! Jai Hind!!!”

Hasmukh :)

1 comment:

Amit N. Trivedi said...

For the past many weeks I had not seen the TV. Y'day., I decided to have my share of the entertainment. But you see even here I missed out on the entertainment, I got to see only the serious part. The dust had already settled before I got in front of the TV. Manmohan's index finger was on his cheek, the speker was also very serious, evn La loo was also quiet. What I saw was only Somnath Chaterjee annoncing the results of the "paper votes". So I did not pay the entertainment Tax.Amit
<>